Saturday, January 16, 2010

And they even threw in some Baphomet.

So, the man who captivated me for ages and years, the one who haunted my imagination for the longest time, the one whose wit and charm I have been enamored by and obsessed with, the one who made history with the words "Elementary, my dear Watson", Sherlock Holmes-of the insurmountable talent for the art of deduction...


...is now Sherlock Holmes-The Action Hero in Love. 


And this, is why I never watch movies based on the books I like. The world is supremely disappointing to my imagination.

10 comments:

Param Saraf said...

Bhayanak...

Anushka said...

So I'm guessing you didn't love it. :P

Let's see, I am yet to be disillusioned/converted.

Sherry Wasandi said...

@Arzaletta : Really? why?


@Anushka : Everything was fine. The casting, acting, direction, screenplay, dialogues, and so on... a character like Holmes simply cannot be captured by commercial cinema. And certainly not by Guy Ritchie.

:)

Param Saraf said...

I mean the post's title and the manner in which a simple statement that you didnt like the movie is expressed is "Bhayanak".....

Srishti said...

I haven't seen it yet. :(
But Jude Law's HOT man! Not more than Jonathan Rhys Meyers, but enough.
?

Sherry Wasandi said...

@Arzaletta : I see.

@Srishti : You will not believe how much I agree with you. Jonathan Rhys Meyers... sizzle sizzle, burn burn.

Meyers, Clooney, Depp and uptil recently, Law. :)

Srishti said...

FINALLY someone who's as crazy about him!
Matchpoint? Mmmm :D

Antara said...

Sherry, I wanna
1. Castrate Guy Ritchie
2. Burn Him
3. Asphyxiate Him
4. Damn to eternal hell

To top it all off, they nominated it for Best Comedy. :'( :'(

Me and Dad will never recover from the trauma. Ever.

Sherry Wasandi said...

Best Comedy???

News to me. Golden Globes?

The world has gone kooky.

Diwakar Sinha said...

very right..
although the movie was worth a watch.