Saturday, January 1, 2011

...and I cannot believe it's been 11 years since the turn of the millenium. can you?

Rung in the new year in the absolutely best way possible. Family + barbeque night + dad's cooking  = silly-happy overfed me. Ate so much, I can't walk. A better strategy would be to roll around the house from room to room. Die, ongoing-exams, die!

2010 was quite something. It was the year of unexpected events. Of uncertainty, and doubt, and change, and rediscovery, and faith, and thrill, and euphoria, and love, and belief, and hope and things far more scary crucial in the grand scheme of things. Even for the sheer number of things let go of, and those gained. I don't remember being this happy. I don't remember ever being this glad.

Wishing you all a very happy new year, and hoping that the days ahead bring you whatever it is that you want from it. On that note, I leave you with one of the best songs I've heard all year. Goodnight.

5 comments:

Ravindra Merthi said...

Dad's cooking...awesome
great start for a new Year

Soin said...

exam at this time and weather. even i feel bad about that.and the song. good. and so much happened? there was so little on the blog.free

The Reluctant Rebel said...

Exams? Unforgivable. Anyway, happy new year! Here's to an even better 2011.

Sherry Wasandi said...

@Ravindra: Indeed.

@soin: You know what's worse? My examination center was located in a non-descript village off GT Karnal. The agony!

Yes, much happened. That's probably why. I've been stumped for words for most parts of it.

@Rahul: Happy new year to you too!

And yes, life(and my university) takes much pleasure in being cruel.

Anonymous said...

Your only post that did not have GRE words! :P
And your only post that i understood in my first read..that reached and rang the bell in my dull brain!